Lights work, but can't change colors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lights work, but can't change colors

I'm using an Asus z270a mobo with everything connected. My led strip, and mirror LEDs aren't showing up in aura sync. When I use the halo software, I'll press "on" and it reverts back to off immediately. The lights work, and come on, I just cant control them
    Last edited by GrandKek; 04-16-2019, 04:26 PM.

Hello,

Based on the software you're using, I'm assuming you're referring to the 805i. If this is the case, if you're connecting to the motherboard directly, you don't need HALO. Remove HALO and try using Aura.

Comment

I started out with the aura, and yes it's the 805 infinity. I can only get my mobo and ram to appear in aura. The only change I get is when I switch the color to red, the mirror LEDs go green.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator Johnny Gomez View Post
        Hello,

Based on the software you're using, I'm assuming you're referring to the 805i. If this is the case, if you're connecting to the motherboard directly, you don't need HALO. Remove HALO and try using Aura.
        I can only see the mobo and ram in aura, the LEDs ons the mobo will change and so will the ram. I just cant get the strip or mirror to change with them.

Comment

Are you using the included splitter? The splitter is meant to be used only if you don't have an RGB header.

Comment

Are you using the included splitter? The splitter is meant to be used only if you don't have an RGB header.
            I think I am because there was a cable I didn't have a header for.

Comment

This may be causing the issue. Try removing it and let us know what happens.

Comment

I also didn't have any way to connect what I'm assuming is the cable to light up the inwin logo on the side There wasn't anything to connect to.

Comment

Ok I removed it but at this point it's either 1 or the other with the LEDs. But I'm still having some color issues. I got it to switch with the mobo in aura

Comment

Ok now I have it synched, but now theres 3 LEDs on the right side of the face that are out of sync with the rest And now for some reason when I set the color to read the go green

Comment

You may need to reinstall Aura if possible.

Comment

You may need to reinstall Aura if possible.
                        Sorry I forgot to get back to you, but I got it working. I would like to know one more thing though, what is the cable for the inwin logo on the side called? I'm trying to see if I can get an adapter for it, I need to get a rgb adapter so I can get the led strip in the case to work as well. I got the front mirror LEDs working and synced with everything else.

Comment

It's a 4-pin molex cable. To get the logo to light up, just plug it into your PSU.

Comment

Working...
                          X