aurora "Not get device"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aurora "Not get device"

So i recently got the inwin 309 case and also purchased the aurora fans (the set of 3 with the control box included) and when i download the software and whatnot, before it opens it says "not get device" ive combed the internet looking for any solution i could find. i never thought to post to the inwin forums themselves tho. i hope ANYONE can help me.

the fans and LED's are lighting up but i cant customize within the aurora software due to the "no get device" option

Hello,

What motherboard are you using? Does it have an addressable 3-pin, 5V header?

Comment

Yes sir it does. And the Motherboard im using is the ASUS ROG maximus Hero XI

Comment

We recommend using ASUS's software in this scenario. The Aurora software is only supposed to be used if no motherboard software is present. Chances are, the softwares are conflicting.

Comment

do you recommend uninstalling the control box altogether ?

Comment

Yes. The control box is only necessary for the software, in this case, it's not needed.

Comment

will the daisy chaining of the fans and LED strips still be supported ? i was under the impression that that would only work via the control box

Comment

No worries there, the daisy-chain feature works in collaboration to the modular cabling.

Comment

well this is wonderful news. all i have to do is buy an additional mini 6pin pcie cable to connect via sata for power...and i believe that would suffice correct ?

Comment

As long as you properly connect the fans and LED strips together to the Motherboard with the motherboard cable, you should be good to go.

Comment

yes however...without the need for the control box, wont that mean i just have to be able to connect 1 of the fans (since theyre daisy chained) to the mobo for proper power ?

Comment

Correct. The fans connect to each other and one of the fans will connect to the motherboard.

Comment

i am so sorry....i thought id be able to put this problem to bed but i am coming up short. i absolutely CANNOT get these LED strips and fans to work. they light up and cycle through whatever default setting they are preloaded with but i cant get them to change through software at all. its like theyre not even plugged in...but they are...cause they light up. please help. im sure im missing something simple.

Comment

In this case, the only thing we can suggest is to make sure that your ARGB cable is properly connected to a 3-pin, ARGB header. Also, make sure the control box is not used. In regards to motherboard software, you'd have to ask ASUS for that. If the lights are lighting up properly, but are unable to control it, it's a software issue.

Comment

jesus christ on a motorbike i am so stupid. so i literally just figured it out. i had my 4pin USB connected to a RGB header and not and actual USB plugin. i am so dumb. but literally everything is working now. the "not get device" is no longer popping up. im able to adjust everything. thank you for your patience....man i feel dumb. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X