Controlling the RGB LED on the bottom of the InWin A1 panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling the RGB LED on the bottom of the InWin A1 panel

I recently purchased the InWin A1 and did not realize I needed an RGB header on my ITX MoBo in order to control the light colors on the strip attached to the acrylic bottom panel. My H310i is very basic and doesn't have this. I know the Sata adapter will allow it to default to Red (I have the black model and it's gorgeous), but I'd like to still be able to control the color.

Is there any way to change the color of the strip without an RGB header MoBo connection? Does anyone know if the LED strip will be compatible with a generic RGB controller? Or if there is a specific one that will work with it that someone knows about?

Thank you!

Hello,

Any RGB Controller should work in this case.

Comment

If you want to control the color, you will need a RGB controller. The CORSAIR - Commander PRO Hardware Controller controls 2 LED(RGB), 6 FANS, and 4 temps controller, but it's a very large box to hide in your case. Now if you just want RGB only then then next best thing I would suggest is a Cooler Master RGB LED Controller with 4 RGB controller. Just mind you that you have to have an available USB port and SATA power to control and power these boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkertron View Post
        Now if you just want RGB only then then next best thing I would suggest is a Cooler Master RGB LED Controller with 4 RGB controller. Just mind you that you have to have an available USB port and SATA power to control and power these boxes.
        I have the same issue where my motherboard has no RGB header and only has 1 fan connectors on the motherboard other than the CPU one. I have the cooler master ML120L and inwin A1. It's so confusing all these connectors and power and I've built heaps of systems but never LED.

with the CPU cooler having 2x CM RGB connectors and the inwin having 1x I need 3 RGB connectors but I also need an extra fan power connector, unless I buy a better PSU as I'm really disappointed that this case has such a trash loud PSU.

So If I buy the CM controller I don't have enough fan power connections and if I buy the command prob I don't have enough RGB connectors

Last edited by richie231186; 06-23-2019, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X