Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fan setup?

Hello!
    Anyone could tell me which would be the best fans placement in the A1? I see every kind of setup on Reddit, but nothing seems to confirm that one is better than another.

For now I use 2 intake bottom, and 2 exhaust back and side.
    I use the AIO Cooler Master ML120R, and the radiator is mounted on the back, fan exhaust from the inside of the case to the outside on the radiator.

My config is i9 9900k + 2080 and in game I manage to get a maximum of 65°C, but on some cpu demanding games, like Black Ops 4, it get up to 92°C!

Thanks for any advices!

Hi luca69002, it's hard to say what's the best fans placement. In your case, if possible, can you please try to use 2 exhaust bottom, and intake side instead? back remains the same.
    Because with 2080 VGA, it may block the airflow of bottom fans, then result in high CPU temperature. Let us know if any improvement, thank you.

Comment

• Fr33domSouL
      Fr33domSouL commented
      Editing a comment
      I've good temp with my GPU (GTX 1070, but not with my CPU (w cryorig C7). Idle is ok around 36-42c, but during gaming, it easily reach up to 80c and beyond.
      I've tried switch over the fan orientation for side and rear. 1st side intake / rear exhaust. Then side exhaust / rear intake. Both doesn't improve on my cpu temp during gaming. The funny thing is, originally I make my bottom fan as exhaust, the cpu temp suddenly reduce a bit during gaming. I never see anyone else recommend bottom fan as exhaust except you. I probably will change back my bottom fan to exhaust as recommended.

Do some real positive pressure. Keep the rear side panel fan pushing air out and have all others pulling air in creating good positive pressure, getting all that hot air out. I have AIO pulling cool air through the rad in the rear and two pushing air into the case from the bottom. Two good things happening here. Cold air coming through the AIO and cold air feeding the video card. Both are good things! I'm coming from a shift X that smothered everything and would thermal throttle and shut down. Same components, (smaller AIO, coming from a 280 rad to a 120 rad in the A1), played almost 5 hours straight with NO issues. Victory!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuminsho View Post
      Do some real positive pressure. Keep the rear side panel fan pushing air out and have all others pulling air in creating good positive pressure, getting all that hot air out. I have AIO pulling cool air through the rad in the rear and two pushing air into the case from the bottom. Two good things happening here. Cold air coming through the AIO and cold air feeding the video card. Both are good things! I'm coming from a shift X that smothered everything and would thermal throttle and shut down. Same components, (smaller AIO, coming from a 280 rad to a 120 rad in the A1), played almost 5 hours straight with NO issues. Victory!
      So if I understand, the back fan should push air from the outside to the inside (same as the two bottom) and the only one that push air outside the case should be the side one?

If I'm correct I need to invert my AIO fan and Radiator

Comment

Lucas69002, That is correct.

I'm using the NZXT 120AIO, not the best rated, but it looks sooo good. AND it's seems to be handling the thermals ok on the 2700X. I have it paired with a founders edition 1080Ti and 16GB of tridentZRGB @3200. The motherboard is Asus Strix x370-I.

Comment

Lucas69002, That is correct.

I'm using the NZXT 120AIO, not the best rated, but it looks sooo good. AND it's seems to be handling the thermals ok on the 2700X. I have it paired with a founders edition 1080Ti and 16GB of tridentZRGB @3200. The motherboard is Asus Strix x370-I.

Nice config !
          Here's mine : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rgNBKB
          And some photos :
          https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comme..._so_sff_build/
          https://www.reddit.com/r/battlestati...setup_upgrade/

Comment

So BIG so Fresh so CLEAN!! very nice. There is mine, I was thinking about getting the water cooled one that In Win offers... I might do that here in the next few months, I go threw cases, like my wife goes through shoes. LOL, she hates it. Looking at the same motherboard, but maybe the newer AMD that will be out at that time. But this is going to be my main gamer for a while and so far so good, the thermals are
            running steady, no over heating! Double plus good!

UGH! I can't post pictures yet.. Still to young.

Comment

So BIG so Fresh so CLEAN!! very nice. There is mine, I was thinking about getting the water cooled one that In Win offers... I might do that here in the next few months, I go threw cases, like my wife goes through shoes. LOL, she hates it. Looking at the same motherboard, but maybe the newer AMD that will be out at that time. But this is going to be my main gamer for a while and so far so good, the thermals are
              running steady, no over heating! Double plus good!

UGH! I can't post pictures yet.. Still to young.
              Post a link to your photo !

I changed my radiator fan like you said and I loosed mostly 10°C ! The build look worst now but it perform so much better!

Comment

Comment

yay, I can post photos!! I really enjoy this case

Comment

Originally posted by luca69002 View Post

Post a link to your photo !

I changed my radiator fan like you said and I loosed mostly 10°C ! The build look worst now but it perform so much better!
                    That's Great!! 10c is pretty significant change, wow.

In order to retain some of the look I moved the fan to pull air through the rad. The cooling efficiency drops a little but, it retains the overall visual appeal and look of the RBG fan. So the fan is still pulling cold air from the outside. if you noticed in the pictures that the fan housing is extremely close to the NZXT water cooling housing. It's a pretty tight fit, but it just BARELY comes together. Also you can still add a third 2.5inch, like I have in the photo, you can still close the side panel without issue. You could even add a fourth drive, if you really need the storage, without having any space issues, and does not effect the circulation or air flow out of the side panel. So I have a 500GB NVMe and the 3 additional 1TB SSD's. My game library is pretty big. =( But if you think about it all that storage ability in such a small case is really fantastic. In comparison, I have my editing machine with 4 x 5TB WD REDs and 2 x 500GB SSD's and that thing is huge!! With the increasing storage capacity of future SSD's making that same set up in a smaller form factor is just right around the corner. =)

Comment

Working...
                    X