A1 Plus RGB not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1 Plus RGB not working

So when I originally set the PC up, all the RGB on the fans and strip (connected to the controller) were working. Then I realized that my fans were not actually spinning because I forgot to plug it into the motherboard (MSI B450i). After I did this, the fans now spin but there is no RGB (fans or strip). I re-checked all my connections and even changed one of the 3-pin headers to one of my spare ones. Nothing works. I noticed that when I unplug and replug the power connection, the fans will flash rgb for a split second, then turn off. The RGB strip does not flash on. I tried installing MSI Mystic Light to see if it was reading that instead, but nothing showed up. Any idea of how I can fix this?

Hello,

Looking at your motherboard, it seems that it has only a 4-pin RGB header. If you attempted to connect the 3-pin addressable fans or the LED module to the motherboard, it's possible you burned out the LEDs. Mystic Light won't work because it's intended for 4-pin RGB devices.

If that's not the cases, about the only thing left would be a faulty controller. The reason this makes sense is because all LEDs (including the module) aren't working. However, this could also mean the LEDs burned out too if connected to the motherboard.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I only connected the fan controls to the motherboard (the 2 larger headers from the fans). The RGB controls (2 smaller headers per fan) weren't able to connect since the motherboard had 4 pins instead of 3, and I never tried to jam it in or anything. Would connecting the fan control to the motherboard still burn out the LEDs? Is there a way that I can test if it's the controller or the LEDs?

Comment

The best way to check is to test the controller. Do you have any way to check the controller with another RGB device?

Comment

I don't have any other RGB devices. I tried to connect the controller individually to each of the fans and the base, and none of them worked. Is there a different way to test it?

Comment

Ok, I sent you a private message. Please check them for further instructions.

Comment

hi i have same problem with inwin A1+ case i think i burned out the ledstrip on bottom any idea where can i find replacement for that ledstrip? or is it available from any store?

Comment

What region are you from?

Comment

Philippines

Comment

vahnblitz Hi, we sent you a PM, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X